Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Catechism

As I'm mentioned previously, I've a bit of a fondness for certain values with universal implications. It's unsurprising, then, that in looking for a document to frame a rational set of morals/beliefs/standards for humanity, I've come across and become rather fond of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. It's a longish list (a preamble and 30 articles, most of which have multiple clauses), and that's a bit of a challenge for me. I was recently embarrassed when I could only recall 5 of the 7 UU principles (I'd merged the 2nd and 6th and omitted the 3rd), so memorizing the Universal Declaration will be a bit of a challenge.

Fortunately, there is this video, found via BoingBoing:


It's good. And it'll make memorization of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights that much easier.

No comments: